CLC Block Making Plant
Cellular Light Weight Concrete (CLC), also known as Foam Concrete, is a light weight concrete produced just line normal concrete under ambient conditions. Slurry of cement, fly ash, sand, water and manufactured stable, pre-formed stable foam is filled into moulds to produce CLC blocks. The appearance of fresh foam concrete is just like a milkshake and the slurry volume in the foam is the cast density of the foam concrete. As the blocks are passed through curing process, these achieve high strength and dimensional stability. Setting up of this CLC block plant is beneficial for the customers hailing from construction industry as it requires low investment and provides quick returns. The CLC blocks produced can be used in the roof insulation & waterproofing, and construction of subways, low cost housing, air-conditioned buildings and highrises.
Advantages of CLC Block Making Plant
- Light in Weight: The blocks produced by this plant are light in weight, with density ranging from 300 to 1800 Kg/m3. The weight is three times less than fly ash bricks and clay bricks.
- Eco Friendly: CLC blocks are Environment-friendly, as foam concrete is an eco- friendly material. Also, fly ash and other industrial waste material are used in the blocks manufacturing for environmental protection. The process of producing CLC or the use of CLC blocks do not release any dangerous effluents to ground, water or air. CLC is mainly used for making partitions, given it its light weight. One can use CLC as a replacement of plywood partitions. This will reduce deforestation and will benefit environment.
- Sound Insulation: CLC blocks makes the room sound insulated. Also, it also keeps the room warm in winter and cool in summer. This saves energy required for cooling or heating room. Higher values can be achieved based on the block thickness.
- Lower Water Absorption: The material absorbs lesser water, in comparison to any other material. This compares better than concrete 50% and ordinary brick with water absorption of 50%-80%. This property is beneficial in reducing the cracks in the walls.
- Fire Protection: CLC block wall or foam concrete blocks are very helpful in safeguarding against fire. The said blocks have thickness of 100mm and density of 1000 kg/m3. Here, the fire endurance rate is four hours, during which (fire) there is no release of any toxic fumes. Cellular concrete has better fire rating of brickwork.